Friday, April 15, 2016

ELECTION 2016

Anyone can be a leader but not everyone can serve with the heart. This is something I believe to be important and it is also my main reason for running as your next AIT SC Councilor. 

Choosing to run was not an easy option. It required a lot of thinking, discernment and divine intervention. At first, I rejected the offer because I did not want to be half-hearted in running. I want to make sure that when I commit myself into something I will really fulfill my duties and responsibilities and exert my best effort. Despite, the many things that held me back, there was only one reason that pushed me and that is the burning passion to serve. 


I grew up believing in servant leadership - putting others before me - and in what I can offer to the community. And so i thought “why should i stop myself from serving others?” when I am capable and competent yet still remain to be grounded on my principles.



And that’s why I chose START together with Kaisa because i believe in their principles: Service, Transparency, Accessibility, Responsive Leadership and Thorough Consultation while at the same time fulfilling my responsibilities as a student. Lastly, If there are people who believe in me, then why shouldn’t i believe in myself?




Again, I am TONI Duque, your next AITSC Councilor!

2nd Year, BS Tourism – Consistent University/College Scholar - Member, UP Club for the Environment and Tourism, 2015 - present – Member, UP Student Action for Responsive Leadership in Tourism, 2016 – present – Executive Chairperson, Fast Research and Development Committee, DLSU, 2013 – Head, Contemporary Dance Club, 2011 – 2012 – Math Merit Awardee, Assumption College, 2012

🎤 so TONI's what you want, what you really, really want! ðŸ˜Š
#activAIT #STARTsaAIT #KAISAsaUSC

1 comment: