Sunday, May 29, 2016

ENGLISH 12 CLASS


I never thought I'd be able to survive this class. It was such a struggle. English 12 (World Literature) is not an easy course especially when one is full load this semester. And, that's exactly what happened to me. Every week or two, we had a new required reading. I am not really a fan of reading but I do read during my leisure time and I do not always finish the novels because of scarced time. However, in this class I learned to manage my time, and not to give up. Although half-way through the sem I just felt like dropping the subject because I could not take the workload anymore, and I felt bad that I could not fulfill my responsibility as a student. My professor always did her part. She went to class promptly even if she knew that some of us did not read and it upset her. I felt guilty because I was not doing my part and there's no excuse for that. For some stories, I read but did not finish in time for discussion, which is why I could not actively participate. There were days when I went to class...clueless of the story. But, I'm happy and proud to say that even if its too late I ACTUALLY FINISHED READING ALL and look it's the end of sem already; Woohoo I made it - I survived! This would not have been possible if it weren't for my pretty professor's (who looks a lot younger and less stressed than me in the photo) encouraging words, kindness and understanding. She could have easily failed me or let me drop the course but then she didn't. She challenged me and pushed me to try harder with the words "You can do it! I believe in you." Trust me those words were very powerful; thus, I'm now officially a graduate of English 12 class under Ma'am Mirasol. Thank you Ma'am if you're reading this HAHA i know what you're thinking... Nope, it's not BOLA! I hope I made you proud :)

P.S.: I've read more in this class (given we only had 16-18 weeks) more than I have ever read within a year!

1 comment: