Thursday, May 19, 2016

Love in the Face of Unrequitedness and Heartbreak (Entry 7)

Love is shared between two people. But, what happens when you love someone who cannot love you in return? As weird as it sounds, we want what we can't have. Knowing that we cannot have them makes us want them even more. Why is that so? Simple. We see it as a challenge.


This reminds me of the story about Adam and Eve. They could eat anything they want but not the forbidden fruit. Yet, they still did. There was something in that fruit that made it look so attractive. Again, I believe it's knowing that they can't eat it as compared to all the other fruits that added to its value. This brought the desire to have the fruit even more. 



So, if you do not want to experience unrequited love or heartache, then make sure to not fall in love in the first place. Or at least that's what they always say. Because with love, comes pain and it may eventually lead to heartbreak. At least, with the pain comes the realization that it is real. Although I believe, some heartbreak may or may not be worth it. It's up to you to decide. Remember if you never let yourself fall in love, then you will never have to worry about getting over a broken heart. But then again, you'll never know if you're capable of loving. It is only when you fall in love that you will know how great the love you can give. The reason why one may get hurt is because he/she has loved truly and deeply. 



Heartbreak is the most painful thing you will ever experience but it is also the best lesson you can learn. It does not only teach you to love but also to pick yourself and get back up - to move on in life because there are far more many beautiful things that await you. I honestly would not wish this for anyone because I myself have gone through it. Trust me, it isn't a pleasant experience but looking back it did make me stronger and better. I have grown into the person that I've become. If I did not go through it, I don't think I'd be the same Antoinette writing to you right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment