Friday, February 5, 2016

Pain is Better Shared. (Entry 2)

Is there such a thing as Right love, Wrong time? Or maybe it is just not meant to be? Those are the perfect descriptions to Calypso's love for Odysseus. And I believe it is also what I myself went through. I once fell in love with a guy who I thought I would be able to spend eternity with. But I was wrong. From the start, we both had our priorities set and sadly, to him it was all ranked and it does not matter what my ranking was because clearly I am no longer his priority. As for me, each was of equal importance because I thought "kaya naman!" 


And so, I started to dream of our future together. However, it was only my dream. Just when I thought we were both in it together. He, on the other hand, started making his own without me. I understand that at this age it is normal to prioritize our dreams over love but what I could not accept was how his dreams were greater than his love for me that it ate it all up - he even killed the little hope i had left in me. It was like everything I did for him was nothing and that he was always ready to leave when he had the chance to. So, when the day finally came, he made his decision. And it just was not me. Sad to say, but maybe it is true - there is a reason why people come into our lives. It was time for our love story to end so maybe I can focus on myself - in being better. And I can only wish him well. It is time to let go now in order to allow us both to continue with our own lives without being in each other's arms. This is such an unfortunate fate I share with Calypso and that somehow I can say I understand how she feels because despite Calypso being a goddess who can provide everything she was just not good enough for Odysseus because his heart was already filled and there was no more space for her just like it was for me and the guy who I fell in love with. So, the next time I fall in love, I will make sure that his heart belongs to me and he can love me whole-heartedly.

1 comment: